Monday, October 28, 2013

Sunset


 "Wow, look out the window," I told my wife, "we have a sunset going on that is something to behold."
  Shades of red, orange, purple, and blue lit up the evening sky and spilled onto the quiet ocean below.
  I grabbed the camera and started shooting photos as quickly as I could. Each ten or fifteen minutes would give me
a new look or color.
  Commercial salmon fishing boats were making their way from the ocean to town and added to the majestic flow of color
and background.
  I think everyone in town stopped for a time to take in this beautiful evening. Face book pages lit up with posting of
the pictures as each of us tried to out do the other.
  It is so seldom that we get sunrises or sunsets here in Sitka that the few we do get are just almost more than we can grasp.
  This truly is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Wild Alaska at its best.



No comments:

Post a Comment