Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad


I am still in Idaho for the holidays. Rene and I have been very blessed this winter to have one of our great friends, Patsy and her daughter, come over from South Africa to visit for a while
  New Year’s night found Rene, Patsy, and I dining with my parents for their 57th anniversary.
 In order to have a 57 anniversary my folks have had to put in quite some time on this earth. Dad has rolled around 93 years and mom is just ten behind him.
Each day you will find Leo and Estelle eating lunch at the Senior Center down town. Like clock work they are there to eat and help in any way possible.
On Sundays you will find them faithfully attending Valley United Pentecostal church. Once again very faithfully and doing what ever they can to help out.
 I have been so very blessed to have these parents. All my life they have been so steady.  From Alaska I call them every morning as I drive to the harbor. It is one of my daily pleasures to be able to speak to them. Of course, Dad is more interested in the fishing than other parts of my daily guiding life. I have to give him my daily fish report!
My brother and I participated in sports during our school years. One thing we could count on every evening we competed, was our parents sitting in the stands. Our folks were at every game, every track meet. Not many of the other kids could say that. Even now you will find this elderly couple at some youth football and baseball games rooting on their grand sons.
 I am very thankful for these two Godly and wonderful people, my parents, Leo and Estelle Tuttle

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment