Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spring Cleaning


The weather is very unsettled, rain, snow, and sun seem to happen during the same day. I seem to be running from one project to another.
The herring spawned last week so I decided to haul the boat out to clean the bottom. I chose to leave the boat in the water instead of trailering it all winter.
I go back and forth trying to decide which is the best way. Leaving the boat on the trailer seems to freeze everything hard. With it in the water I can leave it connected to power and keep heat on.
  I spent most of one day on my back with a pressure washer, and then a scrub pad. Man, can I feel it now, even my neck is sore from the unusual type of work
  The ol' girl fairly shines now. My final wash is with Meratic acid to take the yellowing scum off the fiberglass. She looks new now.
  It's always a good feeling to have the boat work done, and be back in the water resting in the stall. Let the wind blow, the snow and rain fall, she is ready for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment